Sunday, February 15, 2009

Isaac's primary talk

Isaac had his first ever primary talk today. He got to talk about how the priesthood blesses his family, this is the talk:

I am going to talk about the Priesthood.

In James chapter 5 verse 14 it says
14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

This means when people are sick or hurt they can ask for a priesthood blessing to get better.

In the Friend this month there was a story about President Monson when he was young. Pres. Monson was on a boat in the Navy when one of his friends got sick. The sick man asked Pres. Monson to give him a priesthood blessing to help him feel better. Pres. Monson gave him a blessing and in the morning he felt better.

This is a picture of my daddy and he got really sick last week. Our friend Josh Davies came to give him a priesthood blessing and now daddy is getting better.

I’m glad we have the priesthood to help us, and that my daddy can give me a blessing if I get sick or hurt.

He got to hold up the picture of Pres. Monson from the Friend and I also printed this picture of Spencer and him for him to hold. He did really great, he spoke very clearly into the microphone and everything. He did have to breath heavily into the microphone every chance he got, but I think that sort of adds to the effect of the four year old talk.

No comments: