Monday, September 8, 2008

My political statement

I don't exactly comment on politics very often, but I have one thing to say. I don't want to be forced into doing something good. America was not founded on the idea of it's people being coerced into "doing the right thing". We are a nation that knows the choices and freedoms of one human being can make the difference for millions and I believe most of us humans are good beings out there trying to make a difference. I am a good person, I love to help others, I just want the freedom to be kind and generous and nation oriented how I see fit. I don't want someone else deciding for me through taxes or community programs how I should be helping my fellow man or woman. I think Sabrina is right on her blog, freedom is what's missing from this election. I wanted a president who I could be proud of, right now I'd just settle for one that isn't always telling me what to do.

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

So, I started reading your post and was going to reply, "Amen, sister!" Then, I finished and realized you already knew I agree with you :) Frustrating isn't it? Anyway, I love to hear what everyone thinks on these matters, so thanks for throwing your $0.02 in.

Sariah said...

I love your political statement and couldn't agree more!! :)

Wondering what exactly spurred it on, however... ;)

HILL HESS said...

I'm with you! I didn't realize you had your own blog apart from Spence- I'm glad I stumbled on it through Trev!