Thursday, November 6, 2008

3 of 3

This last post is why I pay taxes.
I pay taxes because I want to be an American, not just because of the accident of where I was born, but because I bought and paid for this great country. It is mine and I own it, at least a part of it. I know that I do not pay as much as someone who earns more then $250,000 a year, but is my contribution really so small that the government, my government, counts it as nothing at all? I sincerely hope that the people are asked again before our right to own a piece of this great country is taken away. I, for one, cherish my freedom to stand tall as a stock holder in my own country.
Maybe it is time for me to be the change I expect to see.

2 comments:

Spencer said...

I was really wondering how long it was going to take you to finally let loose, at least on the internet.

ilikewinter said...

Glad you did. =)